Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Crafting

I am a crafter. Not an artist a crafter. you know the people that artist stick their noses up at. Who decides whats art and what crafting?I mean I feel very creative and insightful when I am trying to figure out how to make that odd shaped but totally cool piece of material into an apron or pot holder.Because I can use the end product is that why it is considered crafting. I used a sewing machine not a brush or balloon so it is not art? I am not trying to be funny or sarcastic I really am confused why is paint on a canvas or some medal bent into an undifined mold considered art and yet an exquisitely designed apron or pot holder or even pillow is considered crafting?
 So lately I have been trying glass painting. Wow do I suck at this. I can handle a needle and thread but to squeeze paint evenly from a tube yea no that doesn't seem to be happening. What is the secret to squeezing evenly out of a tube? Even cake frosting and things like that I just can't seem to master. Why? It is crafting and that is on thing the seperates art from crafts is that any one can craft, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment